Research Group Introduction
The research group “Ecological Effects of Environmental Change (EEEC)” investigates the effects of air pollution and climate change (surface ozone and carbon dioxide, warming and aerosols, etc.) on the function of farmland ecosystems; focusing on plant (photosynthetic physiological ecology, water physiological ecology, etc.), Soil (key microorganisms mediating carbon and nitrogen transformations, soil traits), plant-soil interface, soil-atmosphere interface and ecosystem-scale carbon and nitrogen cycling processes in response to environmental changes, adaptation and feedback.
1. Effects of atmospheric environmental change (e.g. increasing surface O3, enhanced N deposition and global warming, etc.) on C and N cycles and water use, as well as its combined mechanism in cropland and/or forest ecosystem using in situ filed observations, open top chambers and O3-FACE;
2. Feedback of urban plants to air pollutants;
3. Meta-analysis on plants and soil response to global environmental change.
This site was built 2020, locates in Yangzhou city, Jiangsu province. As a field experiment and demonstration base, it mainly carries out with original site field observation, control experiments for environment change(OTCs, O3-FACE platform), now has:
1. World top Free-Air Controlled Environment system
2. Open Top Chamber(OTC)
3. Vortex flux observation and more advanced experiment platforms